September is National Yoga Awareness Month a time to highlight the health benefits of yoga while inspiring a mindful and healthy lifestyle. It’s only day 10 so there’s still plenty of time to join the celebration. Here’s a few things you can do to celebrate this amazing practice and yourself.
- If you have never tried Yoga before now is the perfect time. Sign up for a virtual beginner class and take advantage of all the free online offerings this month. One quick google search will have you ready to move.
- Take it to the park. We have all been cooped up for months take your practice to the park and invite a friend for a social distance flow.
- Treat yourself to some new yoga gear. Maybe a new outfit, mat or blocks. Nothing gets me more in the mood to move than putting on a new outfit that I feel great in.
- Challenge yourself. I for one am a true creature of habit and tend to take the same classes repeatedly. Challenge yourself to take a or advanced class or a different type of yoga to get yourself out of your comfort zone a bit.
- Give the gift of Yoga. Treat a friend or loved one to a class.
- Spread Love. Put a smile on everyone’s face and dole out the compliments freely, smile and share a hello, hold the door open for someone. Just practice kindness every day.