Want to get Glowing? Then start steaming! What does weekly steaming do for your face? The answer is Everything!
- It’s Cleansing. Steam opens your pores allowing for easy removal of dirt and black heads.
- It Promotes Circulation. The combination of warm steam and an increase in perspiration dilates your blood vessels and increases circulation. This boost of blood flow nourishes your skin and delivers oxygen. The result is a natural, healthy glow.
- It provides Hydration. The natural oils in your skin release during steaming allowing for natural hydration.
- It helps to prevent acne. Steaming opens the pores allowing for the easy removal of dead skin cells, bacteria and other impurities that can cause acne.
- It promotes collagen and elastin. Collegan and Elastin are what helps to keep our faces looking plump and youthful. Weekly steams increase the blood flow increasing both collegan and elastin resulting in youthful radiant skin.
- It helps your skincare products work better. When you steam you increase the skin’s permeability, enabling it to better absorb topical treatments , so your skin care products become more effective.
After years of steaming over the sink with a towel and worrying about burning my face I invested in Dr. Dennis Gross mini steamer and it has changed my Sunday wellness experience, and my skin. I always noticed when I went for professional facials that they would steam my face before doing anything else and now I totally understand why.
For over 20 years Sunday’s have been my day to deep condition my hair and give myself an at home facial. There is something about starting the week off like this that makes me feel ready to take on anything. Here are the steps and products I have been using to keep my skin acne free, bright and glowing. I really only do talk about products that I love and I will say this steamer has been the perfect addition to my Sunday ritual. Because I prefer to use organic skin care my favorite skin care products are from Joanna Vargas. I don’t want you to feel like you have to go out and buy all this stuff to get great results. If you want to try it go for it, but if not use whatever works for you. Just be sure to follow these steps.
At Home Facial-
- Steam your face for at least 10-15 minutes. Whether you are steaming with a professional steamer or over a pan of water give it at least 10 minutes before you start to do anything else.
- Cleanse. While the steamer is still blowing on your face, use your favorite cleanser and give your face a good wash. Currently I am using the Vitamin C face wash from Joanna Vargas for bright healthy skin.
- Exfoliate. After rinsing your face while the steam is still going gently exfoliate moving your hands in both circular and up and down motion. Because your pores are now open and the skin is softer exfoliating while steaming helps to remove the dead skin that clogs the pores and stops your skin care products from working. My all time favorite exfoliating mask is also from Joanna Vargas.
- Sheet mask. After exfoliating your skin apply a deep penetrating sheet mask that is full of vitamins and moisture to really hydrate the skin. I am big fan of all of sheet masks from Joanna Vargas. I like to buy the Glow to Go variety set and use what I feel my skin needs that week.
If you follow this routine weekly, and drink plenty of water daily, you are sure to have glowing and radiant complexion by week 3.